What We Believe
What We Believe ABOUT THE BIBLE
City of Faith Church believes that the Bible is the Word of God, divinely inspired; that it contains no errors in the original manuscripts and is preserved by God for all; it is authoritative for this church and each and everyone for every age.
What We Believe ABOUT GOD
• City of Faith Church of Houston believes that God exists eternally in three persons:
Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three are one God.
• City of Faith Church believes God created the universe by His Power and Word.
• City of Faith Church believes that God is all-knowing, all-powerful and ever present.
What We Believe ABOUT JESUS CHRIST
• The City of Faith Church believes Jesus Christ was sent by God the Father into the
world to save sinners.
• City of Faith Church believes that Jesus Christ was virgin born, sinless in life and mighty
in words and deeds.
• City of Faith Church believes Jesus was both God and man, that He was crucified for
our sins, and his body was raised from the dead. He then ascended to His Father’s
side where He is head of the church and intercedes for believers.
• City of Faith Church believes Jesus Christ is coming again personally, visibly and bodily
to reign as Lord.
What We Believe ABOUT SALVATION
• City of Faith Church believes that Jesus, through His death on the cross, provided
salvation for all. However, to receive salvation one must repent of sin and trust Jesus
Christ alone. The true believer is eternally secure and cannot lose his salvation. He
may, however, lose his joy by sin and bring the loving discipline of the Father upon
• All who have received Christ will at death depart to be with Christ in their spirits and at
Christ’s return, receive a new body, which will be like His glorious body.
What We Believe ABOUT THE CHURCH
• City of Faith Church believes a New Testament church is a local body of baptized
believers who have agreed together to worship Jesus Christ, edify the believers,
evangelize the lost and minister to others. They believe there are two primary spiritual
offices in the administration of God's NT Church- Pastor and Deacon.
• The church has two ordinances: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism symbolizes
the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the new life they have in Him.
The Lord’s Supper is a reminder of Christ’s death and anticipates His Second Coming.